Wednesday, February 22, 2012

More ABC's

I'm in a winter funk. My job is bringing me down. Winter is bringing me down. While I canNOT complain about the weather...I'm ready for spring, and even more ready for summer! So, I thought I'd write something fun...an updated version of my ABC's for my big girl-Khloe.

A- Ask. Khloe loves to ask for a kiss, or a hug. Sometimes it's just randomly out of the blue. She'll walk over to me and say, "Mommy kiss" or "Mommy hug"...of course I'm happy to oblige!

B- Bite. Khloe bit a little boy at daycare the other day, breaking the skin...eek! He was the same little boy who bit her on the cheek a couple months ago!

C- Caillou. Or should I say, CONSTANT Caillou. Khloe's absolute favorite show and doll.

D- Doggie(silly "goggie" as Khloe would say). Khloe loves her dog and plays and giggles with him every night.

E- Elephant. Khloe is very into my iPhone. She loves the animal sounds, particularly the elephant and bear.

F- Funny. My kid cracks me up all the time. The other day we were in the car, and she was laughing at who knows what, and she got me to laughing so hard, we were both giggling til our eyes watered!

G- Giggle. Khloe has the most contagious laugh...I could listen to it all day!

H- Hi. When I walk into Khloe's room in the morning, she sits up (half asleep) and says, "Hi"...it's so precious.

J- Juice. Khloe has never really been offered much juice, and so has never particularly cared for it. She's on this new juice kick though where she begs for it (usually a juice box), and I open one and give it to her. She takes a sip and wants nothing to do with it. The girl doesn't like juice, but I think she wishes she did! :)

K- Kiss. Kind of a repeat, but this is a new thing Khloe does...when I tuck her into bed, tell her goodnight and walk out of her room, she waits for me to close the door and then yells, "Mommy kiss!" So I walk back in and give her a kiss on her big puckered up lips! LOVE that girl!

L- Love. I could never explain how much love I have in my heart for my daughter. You really don't truly understand how much your kid means to you until you become a mommy. Okay, that was more about me than her...sorry.

M- Mine. She's almost 2, need I say more?

N- No. Again, she's almost 2...enough said!

O- On/Off. Khloe confuses the words "on" and "off". She'll ask me over and over to "turn it on" before I finally realize, she wants something turned OFF. She gets sooo frustrated with me!

P- Potty. We haven't started potty training (mostly because I'm terrified to start), but Khloe LOVES to go potty on the toilet and she especially likes to cheer when she pees and then likes to "bipe" herself. Sometimes she'll follow me into the bathroom and try to "bipe" me...um, honey I think I can wipe myself, thankyouverymuch!

Q- Q is stumping me.

R- Remote. When Khloe doesn't think I'm listening, or I don't turn the TV to the show she prefers, she'll say "Mommy 'mote"...and hand me the remote control.

S- Sassy. That's what I like to call her these days.

T- Talking Bear Noah. Khloe has a bear named "Noah". He talks when you push his hand. She sleeps with him every night and listens to him talk, over and over and over until she falls asleep. It's pretty sweet.

U- Ok, this doesn't even remotely start with a U. But it's a funny story and sounds kinda like "U". Khloe listens to animal sounds on my phone. She'll tap the Bee with her tiny little finger, and a bumble bee shows up on the screen and buzzes. She always looks at me and says, Ewwww. So now she calls a Bee, "Da Ew".

V- Vocabulary. I am pretty impressed with Khloe's vocabulary for her age. She's putting together 4 and 5 word sentences frequently. She has a lot to say these days!

W- Wuv. Khloee's heart melting phrase, "I wuv wu Mommy."

X- I've got nothing for X...

Y- Yell. Khloe is a very sensitive little girl. She does not do well when she gets "yelled" at, or even if you raise your voice. For now, that is enough punishment for her. She immediately bursts into tears when she gets scolded.

Z- Zzzz's. Khloe has always been a pretty good sleeper. Well, I take that back. She didn't sleep through the night til she was 10 months old. But now she's a pretty good sleeper! She's like her mom. She needs a LOT of sleep. She goes to bed between 7:30-8:30 and sleeps until 6:00-7:00, which is great for this mommy who also goes to bed early!
My how she's changed huh?!? I've got such a big girl on my hands, no longer a baby or even toddler I feel! She'll be 2 at the end of next month...ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment