Well, my little baby is a hot mess! We've been battling a few things lately:
1. A very stubborn diaper rash...or what I thought was diaper rash. We have tried everything, switching baby wipes & diapers, using homemade baby wipes (water, baby wash & baby oil), using Baby Magic diaper cream, Aveeno diaper cream, Triple Paste diaper cream...and the rash was NOT going away. After 3 or 4 weeks, we finally got the hint that this may be something more. My mom encouraged us to head to the doctor and after a little research on the computer, I began to think it was possibly a yeast infection. Sure enough! Diagnosis #1: Yeast infection-Prescription butt cream.
2. A clogged tear duct...as I have mentioned, Khloe's right tear duct has not opened up yet. The doctor told us this is very normal & usually resolves itself by the age of 1. She told us if it turns gooey and green or yellow to let her know. Her poor eye is not only very teary and runs down the side of her little cheek, but it has also become very goobery and crusty. This crusties have turned green! Diagnosis #2: Eye Infection from her clogged duct- Prescription eye drops.
3. A very red face...Khloe broke out in what looked very much like "baby acne" and possibly a little heat rash of some sort. It has flared up on and off for a week or so, but lately has looked very dry, red, and blotchy. I mentioned this at the doctor's office today. Diagnosis #3: Ezcema-Vaseline coating all over face & ears & Josh and I not only washing Khloe's clothes with Dreft laundry detergent, but washing our own clothes in the special detergent.
Whew! My poor baby! I'm sure glad I took her in to the doctor and got these things taken care of! Now we just have to get everything cleared up...we're hoping 5-7 days for the eye & bottom and the ezcema will probably come & go and possibly be an issue all her life. She doesn't seem to be all that bothered by any of the ailments, but $65 later at the pharmacy, we're taking care of it!
PS- My little moose weights 11.5 pounds at 5 weeks 3 days old! LOVE HER!
No comments:
Post a Comment