*We got a new Canon Rebel T1I camera and I am LOVING it! I'm having so much fun taking pictures of my little cherubs (Guinness too). I already have over 300 pictures on there! I will do my best to post some ASAP if I don't get any on this post! Check Facebook too for some more pictures of our punker!
*Josh has been busy getting the Wakonda Club pool ready for summer. He works outside at the pool all summer instead of upstairs in the dining room and with banquets. It's a nice change for him, but he gets little to no days off until fall again! The pool opens next weekend and Josh would like Khloe & I to stop by sometime to show off his little darling!
*My grandma Perrine passed away last week after a pretty long battle with cancer. We went to Minnesota for the funeral this past weekend and spent some time in South Dakota hanging out with my family. My sister is due with TWINS in July so it's always fun to see how "big" she and the babies are getting. Khloe cannot wait to have cousins to play with! Holli also has 2 baby showers coming up in June so we're looking forward to going back to South Dakota TWICE in June for those. What a fun time in our lives!
*My cousin graduated from high school so my mom, grandma, sister, Khloe, and cousin Kaitie went to Forest City for her graduation party yesterday (Sunday). I felt pretty sick all of a sudden so didn't stay too long, but it's always nice to see family and catch up. It was fun to show off Khloe & let her extended family hold her and see her for the first time.
*Khloe is growing up quickly! She is 8 weeks, 2 days old today! The time has gone by SO fast looking back. She started smiling around 6/7 weeks old (more than just a gas smile), a real smile. It's been so fun trying to get pictures & seeing her react to someone talking to her. She also has slept for an extended period of time 2 nights in a row. On Saturday night she slept from 11:30-5:45 and on Sunday night she slept from 11:00-6:10!!! Last night, Monday night, she woke up every 2 to 3 hours again! The sleep was short lived, but I'm sure we'll have some more nights of joy in the future, I'll be patient! We were at my parents house and grandma and grandpa were helping take care of her in the night, so grandma and mom got some good sleep this weekend. It sure felt nice. Grandma insists on having Khloe's crib in their bedroom, my bedroom is downstairs at their house and it gets pretty chilly down there. Instead of putting her in the "office" upstairs, my mom likes to have her at the foot of their bed. She loves her little darling granddaughter! Khloe really likes to focus on lights, thing that move (ceiling fans), and music. She is laying on her Boppy pillow right now watching TV. Probably not the best thing for her to be doing, but she's so happy & content, I thought I'd let her enjoy a little Gilmore Girls before stimulating her in a little more baby friendly way! :)
*I have been on maternity leave for 8 weeks now, if I would not have taken 2 weeks off unpaid, I would be back at work today. I cannot imagine going back yet for a few reasons! First off, I'm not ready to leave my baby all day and not be with her. Second of all, I'm still not getting nearly enough sleep to be at work all day and come home & do the whole thing all over again! My pregnancy really worked out well, because with my 2 weeks of unpaid leave, I will only have to go back to work for 4 days to finish out the school year. I wanted to go back & clean out my classroom as I have been transferred to another school (because of budget cuts). I am not looking forward to packing everything up & moving it to another room and starting over from scratch at a new school. But, I am very thankful to have a job after hundreds of Des Moines employees got pink slipped this year. I'm trying to look at it as a new adventure & jumping in head first!
Better get our suitcases unpacked from this weekend, I was SO tired last night I fed Khloe & we both went to bed instead of unpacking!
I tried to put some pictures on this post, but this one is the only one I have time to do. For some reason, I cannot figure out this posting picture stuff on here in a timely manner!
Khloe wide eyed at her Great-Grandma Perrine's visitation service.
I can't believe it's already been 8 weeks!! Make the most of the next two weeks, even only going back for 4 days, I can't imagine leaving her :( Thanks for sharing her and can't wait to see you again in two weeks, and again in two weeks!!!!
ReplyDelete