Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Memories of my mom...

Khloe is sick. She was up most of last night with croup & got a steroid shot today to help her breathe. She's got a very snotty nose, a cough & just looks terrible.

Because my baby is sick, I'm in full mama bear mode doing what I can to make her feel better. In the last 24 hours we've made 3 trips to the bathroom/homemade steam room, rocked in both rocking chairs for endless hours & sang countless rounds of 'Jesus Loves Me'...

What does this have to do with my mom? Well when I was little & didn't feel good she would sing to me to help take my mind off of feeling cruddy. I have very fond memories of me holding an ice cream bucket or trash can listening to my mom sing. I think my mom would have done anything to make me feel better and as I was rocking Khloe tonight & singing I realized I would do anything to help my kiddo feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment