Well, you heard me...Khloe has her very first tooth! We've known it's coming for quite some time now. Not only because she's over 9 months old and yet to "poke" teeth, but because you could see them (the 2 front-bottom teeth) below her gums in the front. The last few days, I kept thinking it's going to be any day now, because you could now see it poking up through the top of her gums. Sure enough, I went to pick her up from daycare today when her provider told me we had a tooth! Her provider also said Khloe was slightly crabby* today and that must have been why.
*By crabby, she meant that she took a few extra minutes to fall asleep at both naps today.
I guess I didn't really comprehend it when she told me because I didnt' say much. It wasn't until I was putting Khloe into her car seat that she smiled, and there I saw it...the big pearly white staring right at me! I screamed, then cried. Yes, I was still at my daycare providers house whose husband happened to be home at the time...umm...yeah...only slightly embarassing!
Oh, I just couldn't get over it. I kept saying over and over, "I can't believe she has her first tooth!"
My little baby girl is turning into such a big girl. She will be 1 in a little over 2 months. That makes my head spin. Remember the whole "I don't like change post"...this is huge for me. Change at its finest. My girl is growing up so quickly, I just can't even believe it. I wish I could just stop time. She is absolutely at the funnest age, I can't get enough of her!
Ok, back to the tooth...
If you know my kid, you know how much she likes her tongue...sticking it out, chewing on it, twisting it into all kinds of shapes, flopping it back & forth in her mouth, and even rolling it (rolling it, like a Spanish "r") when she gets mad! With that being said, you can't imagine how hard it is to see this little tooth. The only way you can see it, is if she smiles just right, and happens to have her tongue neatly tucked back in her mouth. Not something that happens very often...so...I will do my best to get a picture of this beautiful little gem, but be patient!
Ah, I still can't believe it! This is the most exciting thing to happen in the Krohn house lately!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment