Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving long weekend in South Dakota. Khloe and I had to leave Josh behind to work, but had a fun, family, weekend none the less! We went to visit my grandma on Thanksgiving day, and spent the rest of the time hanging out together. My sister and niece and nephew kept us very entertained! I'm super exhausted and have a few random thoughts for you...

*Khloe has developed a fever and some wicked diarrhea. We had to stop twice on the way home, and change a poopy diaper, change pants, and rearrange the carseat pad as it had been pooped on.

*One of our smoke alarms has a dying battery. Josh apparently spent all weekend listening to it "chirp"...I cannot stand the sound, and am thinking about ripping it out of the ceiling (they are all hard wired together, so if you take the old battery out but don't have a new battery to replace it, it keeps chirping!)

*Khloe just went to bed with an old wash cloth in her diaper in attempts to soak up some of the mess before it seeps out onto her jammies and bedding. She also went to bed with a tube of chapstick in one hand, and her toothbrush in the other. She's odd like that.

*My mom made me a German Chocolate cake for my birthday (my favorite) and I've already eaten an entirely too large piece...the rest is going to work tomorrow so I don't eat the entire pan.

*I have the funniest niece and nephew in the whole world. I love them to death. I would share their funny-ness with you, but I didn't take one single picture the entire weekend! :(

*My stomach is starting to girgle...I'm hoping it's all in my head...or too much cake...not the alternative.

*Josh is headed to the doctor tomorrow (I told him to go 3 weeks ago), to get meds for which he thinks is a sinius infection and bronchitis...same diagnosis as last time he was at the doctor...we shall see!

*Thinking about going back to work tomorrow makes me want to cry and throw up all at the same time. I'm trying to remind myself I've only got 3 weeks, and 3 days of work before our family vacation to Florida for Christmas. I CAN DO IT!

*Black Friday was kind of a bust this year. In the past we've always staggered our shopping and caught 2 or 3 store openings. We've learned you can't get the majority of the "doorbusters" if you aren't there when they open. Well...with all of the stores opening at midnight this year, we had to pick just 1 to be at on opening. The next store we wanted to go to didn't open until 6:00 am, and my sister and I realized that we were too old to pull all nighters...so we went to Kohl's and Target after they opened and snagged a few good deals, and then headed home to sleep around 4:00 am. We usually have at least 9 or 10 hours of shopping in us, but that's after a few hours of sleep. To make a long story short, I'm not a fan of the midnight openings! We'll see how next year goes.

*Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm hoping to have a pizza party in the living room with my favorite kiddo and hopefully husband (if he's not working). I'm easy to please in my old age! :)

Off to bed...hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment