Change. If you ask my mother, I don't handle change well. I never have.
"Celebrating" the New Year is change if you ask me.
I am slightly, ok lets be honest, terribly sad that 2010 is over. I know, it's just another day, and tomorrow will be similar to today, along with the fact that I'll write 2011 on my checkblanks, and lesson plans, but it's more than that...it's the end of the year that holds a lot of memories for me.
2010.
The year my beautiful baby girl was born.
The year that my life was changed forever.
The year that I would never be the same Kristal I had been for the last 26 years.
The year I became a mother.
The beginning of 2011 brings and end to 2010...the best "year" of my life. Khloe has given me the most amazing 9 months. Nine months I never knew could be so fulfilling. I did not know what being a mother was; the happiness, pure joy and absolute bliss that a smiling child could bring me. And a part of me is sad to see 2010 end and a new year begin.
Earlier I heard Khloe wake up from her nap and "talking" in her room. I realized one of my favorite things to do is to walk into her bedroom after a nap or in the morning, and seeing her smile at me, and kick her legs in excitement. It makes my days worth living for. The smallest things now make me appreciate what I have and what I am thankful for.
To make a long story short: Khloe is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and while I'm excited to see what 2011 brings, I'll always remember the memories that 2010 has.
Here's hoping everyone a Happy New Year and many great memories in 2011!
Being a mom really IS the best, isn't it?!? here's to more of the same in 2011!
ReplyDelete(I don't like change either!) :)