No...it's not what you are thinking. Khloe did NOT go to the ER, but my other baby did! Guinness got himself into a little trouble the other night. The short story...
Guinness ate this:

Ended up here:
http://www.iowaveterinaryspecialties.com/emergency_care.php
Now looks like this:


The long (er) story:
We woke up to vomit on the bed Monday morning. I also found a pile of puke on the living room floor. Didn't think too much of it, Guinness has been known to eat strange objects and later throw them up. Its always just a "eat, throw up, move on" kinda thing. So I went to work and got a call from Josh saying that he found a tube of Khloe's diaper cream chewed up and most of it gone. I did a little research when I got home, after finding 2 more piles of puke and called the vet. They suggested we take him to the emergency room, as Zinc Oxide, found in the diaper cream, is very toxic to dogs. I took him in around 7:00 that night and they told me he needed to stay over night, get IV fluids as he was dehydrated from throwing up, get medicine to stop him from absorbing any more of the Zinc Oxide, and get blood work done to be sure his organs were functioning properly. So, I left my "baby" behind and was devestated...
...you see, Guinness sleeps on my legs at night, he snuggles next to me on the couch before bed, he watches me get ready in the morning...you get the point. We're pretty attached. It was hard not to have him here last night! Anyway, I called this morning and he was ready to be picked up. He had done well through the night and came home with some prescription medication and some funny shaved legs from the IV and other needles. Thankfully he's been acting fine and seems to be recovering well! We have an appointment with our regular vet tomorrow to get some more blood work done to be sure everything continues to look positive!
It was quite an ordeal for me, and I'm hoping this is our last visit to the ER for a while! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment