Sunday, April 18, 2010

On My Own...

Well, my mom literally just pulled out of our driveway after spending over a week at our house helping out with Khloe, feedings, changing diapers, laundry, dishes, cleaning, cooking, and most importantly keeping me sane and smiling! It was quite the week and I have to admit, I couldn't have done it without her. (I have struggled with the "baby blues" and sometimes no one makes you feel better like your mom!) Josh went back to work this last week after being home for the first 2 weeks. I guess I can't say I'm "on my own" just yet...Josh has off the rest of today (Sunday) and all day tomorrow (Monday) but after that, I'm truly ON MY OWN, Yikes! Besides the constant want/need for sleep, I think I'll be ok. I have to be ok, I don't have a choice right?!?

Our week with Grammy Peggy:
-Lunch dates: The Cheesecake Factory, Palmer's Deli, Mimi's Cafe
-Lots of shopping: Target, Hobby Lobby, The Pink Hippo, Burlington, Jordan Creek Mall
-Coffee & rolls at Hy-Vee
-Singing and worshiping at church
-Numerous walks with Guinness
-And lots of hanging out spending quality time together!

My mom helped out more than I can imagine and I greatly appreciate her taking a week away from her job and life to spend with me and my family. It seems like everyday I grow a stronger appreciation for what my mom (and dad for that matter) have gone through for me and done for me! Being a parent is no easy task as I'm quickly learning and I don't think you can ever thank your parents enough for the things they have done, and will do for their kids. If I turn out to be half the mom that my mother is, Khloe will be one lucky girl.

*I will post some pictures when I get some from my mom's camera!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my dear child! As you are fast learning there isn't anything you wouldn't do for your children, no matter how old they or you are! You are going to be a wonderful mom! It was an awesome week. Love you

    ReplyDelete