Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A week of firsts!

We made it one week at home with a newborn! Whew, what an accomplishment! Exactly one week ago we were coming home with our little bundle of joy and a lot of nerves/anxiety/anticipation/excitement/worry...well I guess I'm speaking for myself here. Josh probably didn't go through all of those emotions, let alone run through them ALL every 5 minutes!

We are somewhat settling into a routine, as much of a routine as possible with a week old baby, but we're hitting our stride. I have had a little, ok, a lot of anxiety about Josh going back to work next week and how it will affect our nightly routine. It seems like once we get a good "system" down, we'll have to change it to accommodate his work and sleep! My mom is coming to stay with me all of next week when Josh goes back to work, so that'll help too. Basically I have anxiety about every aspect of every day of my "new life" and I'm working on going with the flow. I have found myself wishing a few times that she were a little bigger so she would eat a little more, and sleep a little longer. Then I curse myself for wishing away these precious times. One of the most common pieces of advice I've gotten is to enjoy every minute because they go too fast. I try to remember this in the middle of the night when I'm exhausted and Khloe is wide awake. I try to rock her and enjoy her company and her smile, or whatever funny face she is choosing to make. I do not want to wish these moments away, even if they do seem stressful at the time. I'm working on it.


Our week of firsts:


First car ride
First doctor appointment
First holiday-Easter
First church service
First meeting with our dog Guinness


And a few very special first for me:


First "poop fountain" incident (you can only imagine!)
First time using 3 diapers to change one dirty, I now know to give her a little more time to do her business!




Our first holiday as a family of 3- Easter brunch at Wakonda!




2 comments:

  1. Kristal,
    You are a trooper! I think it is great that you are writing (typing) all this down. Time goes by so fast and we end up forgetting things we think are important at the time. Enjoy your time with Khloe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristal, I love reading this! Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop, especially since we live so far apart! Congratulations again on your new baby!! Enjoy every moment! :)

    Love
    Christi Krohn

    ReplyDelete