Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All things 4th!

Well I'd love to say we had a fun-filled 4th of July...but...that wouldn't exactly be true! Here in Des Moines, the weather was NOT conducive to a fun-filled 4th, but we did manage to have a great day none the less! My parents were in town to visit for the long weekend, which is always a nice visit: some much needed company and some help with Khloe. We had hoped to possibly visit the zoo, Wakonda to see Josh, watch fireworks in the evening, and have a picnic lunch. But with the rain and thunderstorms on and off all day we had to change plans. We went to Fort Des Moines for a tour and root beer floats before attempting to visit Josh at the pool. We stopped by but had to leave quickly as it was raining again and Khloe was getting wet! Instead of doing some sight seeing we ended up spending the day together, shopping, eating dinner and just hanging out. Sometimes those days are just as wonderful!


As far as little Miss "K" goes: she's always keeping me on my toes! We have had 2 visits to the doctor in the last week as her little neck will not heal! It has been raw for weeks and I've attempted numerous times to get it to heal up, but it refuses! The doctor orignally prescribed an anti-fungal cream because Khloe's formula gets on her neck and causes a rash. I have done my darndest to keep it dry and lather it with cream, but it continued to get worse! So back to the doctor we went yesterday (Monday). She put Khloe on an oral anti-fungal instead and told me to keep it nice and lathered up with Triple Paste diaper cream. This should act as a barrier if anything gets down her little rollies. Now, giving this oral medicine to Khloe is quite a treat. I imagine giving any oral medicine to an infant is not a breeze, but my child is stubborn!!! The stuff smells pretty strong flavored and is very sticky so I imagine it's quite the shock to her little "formula only" tastebuds. She is persistent in trying to get the stuff out of her mouth and I literally have to hold her head upside down and squish her little cheeks together to get her to swallow it. Poor little punker, I just want to see her neck healthy and healed! She's been dealing with it long enough and I'm doing everything I can to get rid of it! The doctor said to call on Thursday or Friday if it wasn't looking any better...I'm crossing my fingers!


Khloe is as smiley as ever and loves being talked to. She's getting better at sitting up with support in her Bumbo Seat and snuggled in her Boppy Pillow on the couch. She is also becoming very inquisitive and loves to just look at the world around her. We went for a walk the other day in our new "Moby" carrier and we had to stop to get a better look at a tree because she couldn't take her eyes off it! She still loves looking at things that move and light up. She brings me more joy than I could ever imagine and continue to dread the day when I have to return to work this fall and leave her behind all day long. It will be a very rough experience for this baby lovin' momma!


I'll leave you with a few pictures of Khloe's first 4th of July!
Me & My kiddos! :)



Khloe with her grandma & grandpa




She looked SO cute in her red, white, & blue outfit & hair bow!



Khloe & Momma




Big Smiles!



Had to throw in one of my festive side, grandma Peggy and I got pedicures!



No comments:

Post a Comment